Our new Intermediate Smallholding Course, as the names suggests, will give you a much more detailed understanding of how to run a smallholding, covering the essentials like livestock husbandry, fencing, what paperwork you’ll need, grassland management…….with a view to focus into more detail on the specifics of each topic.
- Livestock husbandry
- Vegetable and Fruit production
- Basic machinery
- Basic fencing
- Sales and going to market
- Legislation – legal requirements and paperwork required
- Off-grid energy production
- Grassland management – how to make the most of your grass and habitat
Food is always the focus here at Christmas Farm and the day includes an amazing 2 course lunch made with produce from Christmas Farm, lots of tea and coffee and home made cake.
You can also spend the night here at Christmas Farm either before or after the event. Either on the campsite or in our summerhouse or cabin. Please contact Beth for details or to book accommodation on 07894 622255